HARRIS and RANDALL Genealogy
This branch is connected to Claudia's RICHARDSON maternal line.
James HARRIS (1799 - 1877) and Lucy RANDALL (1797 - 1872) were Claudia's maternal 3-times-great-grandparents. They were married on 31 Jul 1821 in Lower Slaughter, Gloucestershire, England, a picturesque village in the Cotswolds where James was also born. James worked as a carpenter, and they raised eight children in the area: John, Elizabeth, Martha, Mary, William, Thomas, Jane and James. It was their daughter Elizabeth HARRIS who married Henry Proctor RICHARDSON II. Both Lucy and James were buried in Upper Slaughter, Gloucestershire: Lucy on 17 Sep 1872 and James on 21 Mar 1877.
Here is Claudia's maternal pedigree leading back to this HARRIS and RANDALL couple:
- Mother - Mabel Marion ANDREW (1918-2000) [PEI + BC, Canada]
- Grandparents - Eleanor Louise "Nell" RICHARDSON (1894-1992) + Harry Charles ANDREW (1889-1985) [PEI, Canada]
- 1G grandparents - Sydney RICHARDSON (1862 - 1951) + Isabella Harriet "Ella" COMPTON (1859 - 1951) [Sussex England + PEI Canada]
- 2G grandparents - Henry Proctor RICHARDSON II (1825 - 1905) + Elizabeth HARRIS (1828 - 1902) [Sussex and Gloucestershire, England]
- 3G grandparents - James HARRIS (1799 - 1877) + Lucy RANDALL (1797 - 1872 ) [Gloucestershire + Oxfordshire, England]
The HARRIS line has been traced further back:
- 4G grandparents - Thomas HARRIS (1772 - aft 1851) + Mary SMITH (c1775 - 1850)
- 5G grandparents - William HARRIS (c1730 - ) + Grace THORNILL (c1730 - ) - married 7 Oct 1754, Bourton-on-the-Water, Gloucestershire
The RANDALL line has be traced as follows:
- Richard RANDALL (1755 - ) + Hannah ______ (c1760 - ) [Chadlington, Oxfordshire, England]
- John RANDALL (c1730 - ) + Ann ______ (c1730 - ) [based on son Richard's baptism]